Friday 14 September 2007


Hey all, not much to report from today. Went to class, went to the Library, studied, studied, studied, started a paper on Robin Hood, and bought and later consumed some food. Pretty basic day for any Oxford Student. Doing well.

I started a doing a couple of things today that I want to keep up. First, I bought groceries today, and they give us 35 pounds a week for food... so far I think I've spent about 10pounds a week for food. I've found if you're willing to suspend eating out, or buying name brand, you can actually survive on about 2pounds a day in food costs. And if you're willing to eat bread only, even cheaper. Well bakery bread that is sold at the end of the day, when the libraries close, is about 50p ($1) so today I started buying my $1 bread (which is like a subway footlong, but two feet worth) and giving it to the homeless. I'm going to keep this up.

Secondly, on my fifteen minute bike ride back to the house I ride through a beautiful park that has a river run up one side and circle around it and then down the other side where many people feed ducks and go row-boating... its a gorgeous place. Everyday at lunch I pick up an orange and everyday I've been stopping in the park half-way home to eat the orange under a tree and think about anything but education... its peaceful and rewarding. There's a great waterfall there too.

I've also been finding a lot of time to be with God. I suppose that is a benefit of living apart from everyone that I had relationships to invest in, and around people who are busy working. Its been nice too. Anyway, I'll have more to report once the paper is finished. Have a great one.

No comments: