Wednesday 31 October 2007



It has been a hectic past two weeks. I've had the normal routine of papers, but I also had the pedal fall off my bike, which severely limited my transportation. And I actually flew back to the United States to take part in my grandfather Denys' funeral. It was a beautiful funeral and I was so blessed to be able to make it back, see family, connect with friends and great-aunts and great-uncles, and say goodbye to Grandpa. Thanks especially to you for your prayers and encouragement for me and my family through this time. I also want to deeply thank Robert Miller, Shelby's dad, who arranged for me to fly home and back on such short notice affordebly. Thank you.

I also got to see the entire Voth family, for a short moment. They gave up their saturday morning to come to the funeral and that meant so much to me and I felt so loved and blessed to have such an amazing family. I'm sorry guys I didn't get more time with you. I was also blessed to make it to Tabor and connect with tabor friends. It was a valuable weekend in every way.

Since then, however, I've really been scrambling. I had a paper due, the day after I returned. But thankfully I got it done. I've since, fixed my bike, restocked my gorcieries, returned checked out books, and begun my next papers. However, I'm still trying to retrieve a bag that was delayed by the airport. There is so much to report, and the week feels like such a dream.

I don't know what else to say, I'm just trying to collect my thoughts and get back into the swing of life at Oxford. Tonight I'll catch up on sleep, and then I should be back in the groove. I've got a soccer game tomorrow, and I'm Emceeing a Halloween/ Fall Festival party on Friday, so it all should be a fun weekend.

Oh yeah, I also got an email from Dr. Jules Glanzer, Tabor College's next president. He seems like an incredible guy. It was so nice that he would take the time to talk to me, so that was an encouraging interchange.

I have also had contact with Dr. Timothy Richmond. Tabor College's next science professor. He is spending a year working in Belgium through a fellowship. He and his family will be coming through Oxford to visit a friend over Thanksgiving. So I'll be seeing Tabor people sooner than I thought. I'm really looking forward to it. I also hope to visit him in Belgium as I pass through on my post-Oxford Europe trip. You can see his experience at

http://oneyearinleuven.blogspot.com/

The picture is from the British War Museum and is a peice of the Berlin Wall. I thought it was especially poignant to be outside the entrance to the museum. In fact, I think the British intended this message.

1 comment:

none said...

hey, i was glad to see you when you were back. also, if you don't mind, i'm going to throw a link to your blog on mine--looks like you update regularly, and write some quality stuff.

doc o